
JEJU's Hidden Gem: Odri Inn - Unforgettable Stay!
Odri Inn: Jeju's "Hidden Gem"… Or Just a Really Shiny Rock? (A Review, and a Confession)
Okay, so I just got back from Jeju Island, and I'm still practically dreaming of the ocean. And the food. Oh, the food! And, you know, that incredible stay at Odri Inn. Everyone raves about it. So, here's the lowdown, because honestly, you need the truth. This isn't some perfectly polished travelogue. It's a real person, after a week of Korean adventures, offering some REAL talk.
SEO Keywords (Because, let's be real, we all need that): Jeju Island Hotels, Odri Inn Review, Jeju Accessibility, Wheelchair Accessible Jeju, Jeju Spa Hotels, Best Jeju Restaurants, Odri Inn Jeju, Jeju Family Hotels, Jeju Honeymoon, Jeju Relaxation, Jeju with Kids, Jeju Free Wi-Fi, Jeju Romantic Hotels, Jeju Outdoor Pool, Jeju Spa Sauna.
First Impressions (and a Near-Panic Attack) - Accessibility:
Look, I travel with my Aunt Millie, and she's in a wheelchair. Finding truly accessible places can be a nightmare. The pressure's on! I'd read reviews (and that's why you're reading this), so I had hopes. My heart was pounding as we pulled up. I spotted the ramp. Phew. Okay, good start. Inside, the elevator worked flawlessly. The ramps were wide. This wasn't just lip service to accessibility. This was the real deal. Accessibility: Check! (Millie later concurred, with a very enthusiastic thumbs-up). And because I'm being thorough: Facilities for disabled guests: Present and accounted for! No, I didn't check every single detail, but honestly, compared to other horror stories, Odri Inn gets a massive gold star. So there is Wheelchair accessible.
Navigating the Tech Labyrinth (Internet and Such):
I'm a digital nomad, so the internet situation had me sweating. Internet access – wireless, Internet access – LAN, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Thank goodness. Because, let's be honest, I'm addicted. Wi-Fi in public areas also worked, which was clutch for posting those envy-inducing sunset pics. Did I mention access to the "Internet services"? (I used the business center for some minor file downloads). No horror stories: all of the Internet services went as I wanted. Internet: Excellent! And, just for the record, they had the Laptop workspace. I needed it!
The Room: More Than Just a Place to Sleep (and Hide From the Sun):
Okay, so the rooms. We got one with a view. Breathtaking view. Non-smoking rooms (vital for this smoker-averse person!) The details were fantastic too. Coffee/tea maker? Needed it! (Jet lag, people!) Complimentary tea? Yes, please! The refrigerator was awesome for storing snacks (because, again, all that delicious food!). Plus, Bathrobes, slippers, and toiletries – a touch of luxury that I hugely appreciated. Air conditioning: essential! Blackout curtains? Saved my sanity. The extra long bed, safety/security feature, and nice little touches, like the reading light made the room homey.
Speaking of homey: They even had interconnecting rooms. I’d have loved that, but they were all full!
Here's a little anecdote: I managed to lock myself out of the room. Yes, I did. At midnight. In my pajamas. Embarrassing is an understatement. But the staff, bless their hearts, handled it with such grace and speed. Front desk [24-hour]: Lifesaver! Safety/security feature: Good. Me, not so much at that moment.
The Spa & Relaxation Zone: Heaven, Until Reality Hits (and the Price List Knocks You Back):
Okay, the spa. It's stunning. Seriously, the pool with a view? Insane. (I took, like, a hundred pictures. Don't judge.) Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, and Foot bath are all in the spa – yes, the whole shebang. I actually wanted to be there. I spent an hour in the sauna. Body scrub? Tempting. Body wrap? Even more tempting. Massage? Yes, please! I indulged in a massage because, hey, I deserved it. It was glorious. And I spent a solid hour in the swimming pool [outdoor]. The Fitness center looks pretty serious, but I’m not a gym person.
Here's the catch, and I'm gonna be honest: the price list can be a little…ouch. Luxury comes at a price, folks. But at least the quality goes with it.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: The Culinary Journey (and My Expanding Waistline):
The food at Odri Inn is a whole experience. The Korean breakfast was included, and it was incredible. Fresh ingredients, flavorful dishes. I devoured the Asian breakfast, including the Asian cuisine in restaurant, which was fabulous! I opted for the Western breakfast: the eggs benedict was a game-changer. I had a salad in restaurant and a soup in restaurant. Plus, there's a Coffee shop (obvious), a bar, and even a poolside bar. Oh! They also had desserts in restaurant. (I may have ordered all of them – no regrets.) Breakfast [buffet]? Yes. Breakfast service? Efficient. Buffet in restaurant? Delicious! The A la carte in restaurant, they also had the Bottle of water.
For the Kids (Because I Saw Them Everywhere):
Odri Inn is definitely Family/child friendly. I have no kids but I like to see the smile on a kids’ face. They offer Babysitting service and Kids meal. There is a Kids facilities. This place seems to be for families!
Cleanliness and Safety: Keeping the Germs at Bay (And My Anxiety Down):
Look, I'm still a little paranoid. The pandemic has done that to me. Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Room sanitization opt-out available, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, and Rooms sanitized between stays, really put my mind at ease. I'd also like to point out the Hand sanitizer in several locations. I felt safe.
Services and Conveniences: The Perks That Make a Trip Easier (and Me Lazy):
There's a lot. Let's run through it. Airport transfer? Yes. Car park [free of charge] – a huge bonus. Concierge: Super helpful. Cash withdrawal: Useful. Dry cleaning, Laundry service, Ironing service: Because who wants to iron on vacation? Food delivery: Convenient. Daily housekeeping: Thank you, thank you, thank you! They offer luggage storage, too. The elevator helped with the luggage. Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit, Safety deposit boxes, Smoking area: everything you need to know that you're safe, comfortable, and taken care of.
Getting Around: Easy Peasy (or Not, Depending on Your Sense of Direction):
The car park [on-site] was great. They also had Taxi service and Valet parking. I’m not sure about the Car power charging station.
The Oddities & Imperfections (Because No Place Is Perfect, and That's Okay):
Okay, so I did notice a few things:
- The air conditioning in the restaurant was a little too effective. Bring a shawl!
- The lighting in the room was a little dim.
- I did not have a chance to use the Bicycle parking to explore the landscape.
The Verdict: Is Odri Inn Really a Hidden Gem?
Yes, it is. It's not perfect, no, but it is. It's stylish with incredible views. They offer wonderful accommodations. The staff is friendly and super helpful, and they did all the Staff trained in safety protocol to make me comfortable. It's the kind of place where you feel pampered (and perhaps a little bit, uh, spoiled). The CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour], Smoke alarms, and Security [24-hour] are for everyone's safety. The fact that it's accessible makes it a huge win. The food is divine. The spa is heavenly. And honestly, if you're looking for a relaxing and luxurious getaway on Jeju Island, Odri Inn is a fantastic choice.
My Heartfelt Recommendation:
Book it now! The end. I already missing it.
Albania's Hidden Gem: Unbelievable Malo Apartments Await!
Jeju Island: Odri Inn & the Existential Dread of K-Drama Landscapes (A Totally Honest Itinerary)
Okay, buckle up, buttercups. This isn't your sterile, Instagram-perfect travel guide. This is me talking, fresh off a whirlwind trip to Jeju Island, staying at the adorable (and sometimes slightly baffling) Odri Inn. Consider yourself warned.
Day 1: Arrival & the Great Tangerine Obsession
- Morning (10:00 AM): Land at Jeju International Airport. The air is suspiciously clean. Already suspicious. Taxi to Odri Inn. Google Maps lied. It's further than I thought. Regret sets in. Should have packed more snacks.
- Mid-day (12:00 PM): Check into Odri Inn. The lobby is cute, like, aggressively cute. Think pastel colors and strategically placed succulents. The owner, bless her heart, seemed genuinely happy to see me. Maybe too happy. Is this a cult? Nah. Probably.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM): Lunch at a local tteokbokki place. I'm already sweating. Jeju Island humidity is a beast. The tteokbokki? Spicy. Deliciously, face-meltingly spicy. Wiped my brow, got a good sweat going.
- Afternoon (2:30 PM): Grocery run! The most critical thing on my mind: getting enough tangerines. Jeju Island is known for them. Seriously. You will see tangerines. You will dream of tangerines. I bought a whole bag. My face still scrunched up from the tteokbokki but now I was more relaxed. All I wanted was a nap, but I couldn't give in to the jet lag.
- Late Afternoon (4:00 PM): A tentative stroll around the Odri Inn area. Found a "hiking trail." I use quotes because it was more of a gentle incline with aggressively scenic views. Seriously. This is where the K-Drama aesthetics started. Lush green everything, the ocean in the distance, a feeling of profound peace… followed by a mild existential crisis. "Am I living in a movie? Am I the protagonist? Do I have to fall in love with a stoic, handsome fisherman?" The answer, sadly, was probably no. I ended up tripping over a root and face-planting on some grass. Glamorous.
- Evening (7:00 PM): Dinner at the Inn's recommended seafood restaurant. The food was fine, nothing spectacular, but the owner kept fussing over how I should order the fish, which I appreciated. It was a relief. I was happy to be there and eating delicious food.
- Night (9:00 PM): Collapse in bed. Tangerine overdose. Jet lag wins.
Day 2: Seopjikoji & the Search for Inner Peace (or at least a decent selfie)
- Morning (9:00 AM): Breakfast a the Inn. They had fresh, local honey. I loaded up. The owner kept smiling. Still unsure.
- Morning (10:00 AM): Taxi to Seopjikoji. The "coastal scenery" is not an exaggeration. Dramatic cliffs, crashing waves, the wind whipping through your hair… Okay, maybe I am in a K-Drama. Tried to take a dramatic selfie. Failed miserably. Looked like I was about to get blown off a cliff.
- Mid-day (12:00 PM): Lunch at a little cafe near Seopjikoji. Ordered the black pork. It was so good. I swear, this pork is like, life-altering. I still can't stop dreaming about it.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM): Spent a glorious hour just sitting at the beach near Seopjikoji. Listening to the waves, contemplating my life, the meaning of tangerines… Yes, I'm still thinking about tangerines. Seriously. They're everywhere.
- Afternoon (3:00 PM): Took the bus back to the Inn. The bus driver blasted K-Pop. I kind of loved it. I sang along, badly.
- Late Afternoon (4:00 PM): Fell into a deep sleep. Woke up. Realized I hadn't bought any souvenirs. Panic.
- Evening (6:00 PM): Dinner at a nearby shop. The food was pretty good, but I wanted to buy tangerine so I got a few.
- Night (8:00 PM): Packed my bag. Couldn't find my phone charger. Minor meltdown.
Day 3: Goodbye, Odri Inn & the Bitter Sweet of Departure
- Morning (8:00 AM): Breakfast and checkout. Said goodbye to the owner (who was still smiling). I think I'm going to miss this place.
- Morning (9:00 AM): Taxi again. The ride to the airport felt longer than it should have.
- Morning (11:00 AM): Departure. I had a handful of tangerines in my bag. Okay, more like a lot of tangerines.
Reflections:
- The Odri Inn: Absolutely charming. The owner is an angel (or a very clever marketer). The location is perfect if you want peace but a bit far from the action.
- Jeju Island: Stunningly beautiful. Seriously. Go. But prepare for the humidity, the K-Drama vibes, and the utter, all-consuming tangerine-ness.
- Me: Slightly sunburned, emotionally rejuvenated, and already planning my return. Mostly for the black pork and the tangerines. And maybe, just maybe, to finally get that perfect cliffside selfie.
- Bonus: Remember to bring your own adapters and maybe a small survival kit of your favourite snacks.

Odri Inn: Jeju's "Hidden Gem" - My (Sometimes Chaotic) Take
So, Odri Inn...Is it REALLY a "hidden gem," or just...hidden?
Okay, full disclosure: finding Odri Inn the first time was an ADVENTURE. Picture me, jet-lagged to hell and back, squinting at my phone, desperately trying to navigate Jeju's windy roads. It's kind of *off* the beaten path, which, honestly, is part of its charm. I think the "hidden" part is definitely accurate – you *feel* like you've properly escaped. Getting there? Well, that's where the adventure starts. Expect GPS to fail you at least once. Twice, maybe. But TRUST ME, when you *finally* see that sign...it's like finding a delicious cookie after being stranded on a desert island. Pure relief! And the view from the inn? Worth every single navigational error. I ended up relying on the kindness of a local ajumma and her surprisingly good English. Bless her heart. She even drew me a map on a napkin! (Still have it, framed, actually.)
What's the vibe like at Odri Inn? Is it for everyone?
This is where it gets...personal. Look, if you need pristine white walls, a minibar filled with artisanal kombucha, and room service that responds in under 5 minutes, Odri Inn is NOT for you. It's got a more, shall we say, "rustic" charm. Think cozy, a little bit quirky, and definitely *not* a cookie-cutter hotel. The staff? Super friendly, but they might not speak perfect English. Embrace it! That's part of the fun. I once got lost in translation trying to order kimchi stew and ended up with something that looked suspiciously like mystery meat, but honestly? It was delicious. And the other guests? A mix of adventurous travelers, some locals, and the occasional stray cat who seems to think he owns the place. (He might.) The point is: it’s a whole *vibe*. If you are up for adventure, and don't mind a bit of chaos, you'll love it! If you secretly crave a fancy hotel, maybe reconsider. Seriously, consider.
The Rooms - Are they actually livable?
Okay, the rooms. They're...charming. Let’s call them charmingly worn. My first room? Let's just say it had character. A LOT of character. Think exposed beams, a slightly uneven floor (which I actually found kind of endearing, after a few Soju shots!), and a view that took my breath away. The bed? Comfortable enough, although I’m not gonna lie, the first night I was worried about a rogue spring attack. But hey, it’s part of the experience! You're not paying for perfectly curated Instagram-worthy rooms. You're paying for the experience. And the experience included a ridiculously comfy duvet, and the most amazing sunrise I've *ever* witnessed. Seriously, the colors...mind-blowing. I'd happily trade a flawlessly polished bathroom for that view any day.
And the Food? Is it worth it?
Okay, food is a HUGE deal for me. And the food at Odri Inn is… unpredictable. Sometimes, absolutely *divine*. Other times…well, let’s just say you might want to bring some emergency snacks. The breakfast is simple but often excellent to start the day. The kimchi stew (when you get it right) is a dream. The best part? The communal dining area, where you can meet other travelers. I remember one particular night: I didn't understand a *single* word, but bonded with a French couple over a shared bottle of Soju and a plate of something that resembled a pancake...and something else...which was totally worth the experience. The key is: be open-minded, and don't be afraid to try new things. And if you're really worried, there are plenty of restaurants nearby that you can explore. But try the food at the inn first. Especially the kimchi! Seriously, I'm craving it right now.
What's the best thing about Odri Inn, in your opinion?
Hands down, the *atmosphere*. It's not just a place to sleep; it's a place to *be*. The views, of course, are stunning. But it's more than that. It's the feeling of being utterly away from it all. The quiet, the solitude. The opportunity to disconnect from the world and reconnect with yourself. One evening, I sat on the porch, sipping soju (again!) and watching the stars. I'm not kidding – I saw more stars than I've ever seen in my life. And I swear, I heard the ocean breathing. It’s the little imperfections, the quirks, the genuine hospitality of the staff, that make Odri Inn truly special. It's not perfect, it's not fancy, but it's undeniably *real*. And after the relentless pace of everyday life, that's exactly what I needed… and probably what you need, too. Prepare to be charmed. Or maybe just to get deliciously, wonderfully lost. Either way, you'll remember it. Highly recommend. Just… be prepared to navigate that road.
Any Tips for Staying at Odri Inn?
YES! Okay, listen up:
- **Download offline maps.** Trust me. Your phone will fail you. Repeatedly.
- **Learn a few basic Korean phrases.** It makes a HUGE difference. Even "hello" and "thank you" will get you far.
- **Pack for all weather.** Jeju is known for its unpredictable climate. Layers are your friend!
- **Embrace the chaos.** Things might not always go according to plan. That's part of the fun! Roll with it.
- **Bring some snacks.** Just in case. (You know.)
- **Be respectful.** Of the local culture, the staff, and the other guests.
- **And most importantly: have fun!** That's the whole point, isn't it?
Okay, I'm sold! But what if I have allergies/dietary restrictions?
That's a good question! It's important. Communication is key. The staff is eager to help, but the language barrier can be a challenge. Try to learn a few basic Korean phrases about allergies (gluten-free, nut allergy – things like that). The best thing to do is to call/email them *before* your trip. Explain your needs. Be patient. Be clear. And maybe bring translation app on your phone. And always double-check your food! It is, after all, about your life/health. If you have simple dietary restrictions, you should be fine. If your dietary restrictions/allergies are very strict, maybe be slightly more cautious. But don’t let it stop you! Part of the adventure is adapting, right? You might even discover a new favourite dish!
Extra Rambling - Just My Personal Musings

