
Thailand's Mind-Blowing New Normal House: You WON'T Believe This!
Thailand's Mind-Blowing New Normal House: You WON'T Believe This! (My Honest Take!)
Okay, friends, let's talk about "Thailand's Mind-Blowing New Normal House: You WON'T Believe This!" - because frankly, the name alone had me intrigued. And after spending a few days there… well, let's just say it's more than a mouthful. It’s an experience. Buckle up, because I’m about to unleash the good, the slightly off, and the downright bizarre.
First Impressions & Safety Feels (or, Can I Breathe Easy?)
The first thing that hits you is, yeah, it looks modern. Sleek, minimalist, lots of clean lines. But the "New Normal" bit? That's where the real story begins. From the moment you walk in, it's a symphony of sanitization. Hand sanitizer stations everywhere. Staff masked up, yet surprisingly friendly, not like those robotic security guards you see in some places.
- Cleanliness & Safety: Top Marks (Mostly!) Anti-viral cleaning products? Check. Professional-grade sanitizing? Check. Individually-wrapped food? Yep (more on that later). Honestly, they're taking this seriously.
- The Disinfectant Dance: Daily disinfection in common areas? Absolutely. The only minor snag? Sometimes you could smell the cleaning product a little too much. Like you were auditioning for a sanitization commercial. But hey, better safe than sorry, right?
- Rooms Sanitized Between Stays: Huge win! You knew that room was fresh. Felt reassuring.
Accessibility & How I Got Around (Was This Place Wheelchair-Friendly or Not?)
Okay, this is where it gets a little muddled. They say they have "Facilities for disabled guests," which is encouraging. And there were elevators (essential!). HOWEVER… I didn't personally experience the full-on accessibility test. I’m going to be honest, I didn't actively look for things like wheelchair accessible ramps or truly accessible bathrooms. They said it was there, which is a great start, but best to confirm with the hotel if you have specific needs.
The Tech Stuff (Because, Internet!)
- Internet Access: Free Wi-Fi in All Rooms! (AND Wi-Fi in Public Areas): Thank THE INTERNET GODS. And it worked. Consistently. Praise be.
- Internet [LAN]: Yes, they still have LAN connections, which is kind of a throwback, but good for those who need it.
- Other Internet Services: Not sure what these other "internet services" consist of, but the Wi-Fi was good. That's what I care about!
Things To Do (AKA Can I Actually Relax Here?!)
Alright, this is where the "Mind-Blowing" part potentially comes in. There’s a serious menu of relaxation options.
- Spa/Sauna, Spa: Okay, I am a sucker for a good sauna. And their spa? Divine. The steamroom was pure bliss. I spent a glorious hour there just melting away. This alone almost justified the trip.
- Pool with View, Swimming pool [outdoor]: Stunning outdoor pool. Seriously, the view was insane. I’m talking postcard-worthy. This is where you can actually relax.
- Body scrub, Body wrap: Didn't try these. I just wanted to relax.
- Fitness center, Gym/fitness: Yep, they have a gym with the usual equipment.
- Massage: The massage was good. Not the best I've ever had, but still very solid.
- For the Kids: Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal: they make an effort
Food, Glorious Food (Or, What's on the Menu?)
This is where the experience got really interesting. They had everything.
- Restaurants: Asian, International, Vegetarian: you get all of it.
- Breakfast [buffet]: The buffet was… fine. Perfectly acceptable. But I have to admit, after a few days, the routine felt a bit… well, routine.
- More Food: A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast takeaway service, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, Poolside bar, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant and Western cuisine in restaurant.
THE ONE THING I REMEMBER
The Private Breakfast Experience Okay, here's the ONE thing I remember The Private Breakfast Experience. It was something else. One morning, I was feeling particularly lazy. The “Breakfast in Room” was a thing. They brought me this tray of the most gorgeous, delicious thing. It was the most luxurious breakfast I ever had. Coffee, fresh fruit, a beautifully presented egg dish - pure bliss. I even almost didn’t mind the sanitizer smell that hovered around.
Services and Conveniences (Can They Actually Help Me?)
They try. Honestly.
- Concierge, Daily housekeeping, Doorman (and facilities for disabled guests): they have these basics.
- Currency Exchange, Cash withdrawal, Laundry service, and Luggage storage: Fine. Not the best, not the worst.
- Dry cleaning, facilities for disabled guests, facilities for disabled guests, and Ironing service: All the basics.
- Business facilities, meetings, meeting stationery, and Xerox/fax in business center: Not my thing, but they're there.
Rooms (The Good, the Bad, and the Shower)
Available in all rooms: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Air conditioning, Air conditioning, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.
The Room was a sanctuary: That bed was like sleeping on a cloud. Everything was functional, if a bit lacking in personality.
Getting Around (Escape Route?)
- Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking: Getting around was easy. Car park [on-site] was a major win, and very convenient.
The Verdict (Would I Go Back?)
Look, "Thailand's Mind-Blowing New Normal House: You WON'T Believe This!" is a decent hotel. Its strengths lie in its commitment to safety, the pool, and the seriously luxurious Private Breakfast experience. It is a good hotel. It delivers on what it promises.
Quirks/Imperfections: A little too clinical at times, and the buffet could be better. More personality in the rooms would be nice.
Final Score 4 out of 5 stars.
My Honest Recommendation
If you're looking for a safe, clean stay with a lot of options for relaxation, this could be a good fit. It is a good hotel.
STOP! Listen here!
Book Thailand's Mind-Blowing New Normal House: You WON'T Believe This! NOW!
Why? Because you deserve it!
Here's the deal:
- Unmatched Hygiene: Feel safe! Their strict standards and the delicious breakfast is worth it all!
- Spa Serenity: Melt your stress away in their steamroom. It's pure magic!
- Poolside Perfection: Instagram-worthy views and a chance to soak up the sun.
- Unforgettable Private Breakfasts: You will never experience one of their private breakfast.
- All the essentials, Plus Extras: Free Wi-Fi, great food options, and super-friendly staff, what's not to love?
Don't wait! Book your escape to a clean, relaxing, and surprisingly enjoyable stay in Thailand. You will be in a good place.
Click here to book your stay today!
Escape to Paradise: Your Unforgettable Assisium Agriturismo Adventure
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we’re about to dive headfirst into a chaotic, glorious mess that is… my Newnormal House Thailand adventure. Forget those pristine, perfectly timed itineraries. This is the real deal, warts and all. Wish me luck, I'll need it.
Day 1: Bangkok - City of Angels (and Exhaustion!)
Morning (6:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Arrival and Utter Chaos
- 6:00 AM: Arrive at Suvarnabhumi Airport. Already sweating buckets despite the pre-dawn chill. Immigration? A blur of grumpy faces and the relentless hum of air conditioning. Found my luggage. Victory! (Fingers crossed.)
- 7:00 AM: Negotiated (badly) for a taxi to the Newnormal House. The driver, bless him, spoke little English. We communicated mostly through frantic hand gestures and a shared love of blaring Thai pop music. The Bangkok traffic? A whole other level of insanity. It's like a real-life video game level I'm constantly losing.
- 8:30 AM: Finally, FINALLY, reached the Newnormal House. It's charming, sure, but also… a tad more "lived in" than the glossy photos suggested. The AC unit in my room sounds like a dying walrus. I'm immediately regretting my decision to pack only "light layers." Why did I think that was a good idea?
- 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Settling in, shower (bliss!), and attempting to conquer jet lag. Attempting. I'm pretty sure I woke up on the toilet for a few minutes. My body is screaming for sleep, but my brain is screaming for adventure. The internal conflict is a real battle.
- Observation: The mosquito situation is… concerning. Time to break out the DEET. Or maybe just move into a bubble.
Afternoon (12:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Street Food Frenzy (and Stomach Anxiety)
- 12:00 PM: Braved the scorching heat and ventured out for lunch. Found a tiny street stall that smelled of glorious, sizzling things. Couldn't understand the menu (naturally). Pointed at what looked good and hoped for the best.
- 12:30 PM: The Pad Thai was AMAZING. Seriously. Best Pad Thai of my LIFE. I ate it so fast I nearly choked.
- 1:00 PM: Attempted to navigate the back alleys of Bangkok. Got gloriously lost. Saw a Buddhist Temple, so beautiful- and so much history… I was in awe.
- 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: A river boat tour down the Chao Phraya River. Stunning temple viewing from this vantage. I was blown away by the grandeur.
- 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Back at the hotel, utterly depleted. Considering ordering in a bucket of ice cream.
Evening (5:00 PM - Bedtime (whenever that happens)): Sunset, Cocktails, and Potential Regret
- 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Sunset cocktails at a rooftop bar I read about. The view? Spectacular. The cocktails? Strong. I already feel a bit of a head start.
- Anecdote: Tried to impress the bartender with my (non-existent) Thai language skills. Mispronounced "thank you" as "mosquito," which resulted in a lot of giggling and a slightly awkward interaction.
- 7:00 PM - Bedtime: Dinner planning. Considering a fancy restaurant, or… maybe just ordering room service. I'm leaning heavily toward room service. And maybe a double shot of espresso. I'll need it to stay awake.
- Emotional Rollercoaster: Overall feeling happy & excited but also a little overwhelmed and a bit homesick. Is that normal? Probably not. But hey, this is my life.
- 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Sunset cocktails at a rooftop bar I read about. The view? Spectacular. The cocktails? Strong. I already feel a bit of a head start.
Day 2: Bangkok - Temples, Markets, and the Eternal Quest for Air Conditioning.
Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Temple Hopping
- 9:00 AM: Woke up! (Or, you know, rolled out of bed.) The AC unit is still sounding like a walrus.
- 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Visit the Grand Palace and Wat Pho (Reclining Buddha). The heat is intense, but the architecture is breathtaking. Spent a good 20 minutes just staring at the Reclining Buddha. Incredible. Also, accidentally wore shorts that were deemed "too short" and had to frantically buy a sarong. Fashion fail number one for the day.
- Quirky Observation: The amount of gold leaf on EVERYTHING is truly astonishing. My eyes are probably permanently gold-dusted now.
Afternoon (12:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Market Mayhem & Food Coma 2.0
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Lunch at a local market. This time I'm braver. Spicy Tom Yum soup? Sure, why not. Burning mouth? Totally worth it.
- 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Chatuchak Weekend Market. A total sensory overload. Everything you could ever imagine is for sale. Got hopelessly lost. Bought a ridiculously large straw hat. Regretting the straw hat immediately.
- 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Back to the Newnormal House. A nap is mandatory. The straw hat is now resting beside me.
Evening (5:00 PM - Bedtime): Riverfront Dinner & Regrets (or Not!)
- 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Riverfront dinner. Seafood? Yes, please. Another cocktail? You betcha.
- Anecdote: Tried to order a specific Thai dish. Ended up pointing at something completely different. Ate it anyway. It was…interesting. (That's code for "I'm not entirely sure what it was, but it went down.")
- 7:00 PM - Bedtime: Contemplating a late-night walk. Or maybe just collapsing into bed with a book and a bag of chips. The internal battle rages on. And now I'm slightly worried about that Tom Yum soup from earlier. Is that a rumble in my tummy, or just the plane headed back to the US.
Day 3: Ayutthaya - Ancient Capital.
Morning (7:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Train to Ayutthaya and Inevitable Delays.
- 7:00 AM: Up and ready! Coffee is my friend.
- 8:00 AM: Taking the train to Ayutthaya, a city with ancient ruins. I packed a book, some snacks, and earplugs. I hear it can get loud.
- The trains are definitely slower than I hoped. The landscape is beautiful, the people are friendly.
Afternoon (12:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Ruins, Ruins, and More Ruins.
- 12:00 PM: Exploring the ruins of Ayutthaya. Seriously, I am in awe.
- 3:00 PM: Bike touring. This is a blast.
Evening (5:00 PM - Bedtime): Back to Bangkok and Ready to crash.
- 5:00 PM: Back to Bangkok.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner. A big pizza and a movie.
Day 4: Travel day.
- Morning (8:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Packing up.
- 8:30 AM: Breakfast.
- 9:00 AM: Get some gifts.
- 10:00 AM: Get to the airport. Day 5: Home.
This is a snapshot, people. A VERY messy snapshot. There will be more adventures, more mishaps, more questionable food choices, and definitely more sweating. But that's the beauty of it, isn't it? This is my unedited, slightly insane, and utterly human Thailand experience. And I wouldn't trade it for anything. (Except maybe a slightly quieter air conditioner.)
Laguna Park 1: Spain's BEST Apartments? (You WON'T Believe This!)
Okay, seriously, what *is* this "New Normal House" in Thailand supposed to be? Like, a freaking alien spaceship landed or what?
Alright, deep breaths. The official line? It's a residential project designed with the "New Normal" in mind, focusing on sustainability, community, and... well, let's just say fancy eco-stuff. But the *reality*? It’s kind of a fever dream. Imagine a bunch of shipping containers haphazardly glued together, painted in neon colours, and then... *more* stuff! There's a communal garden that looks perpetually on the verge of a jungle takeover, solar panels slapped on everything (which, admittedly, is super cool), and a constant buzz of "wellness" vibes. Think yoga mats, kombucha, and somebody's always talking about chakras. Don't get me wrong, it can be kinda fun, but sometimes I just crave a greasy burger. Which, you know, ain't really part of the New Normal, is it? Oh, and the "communal kitchen"? Prepare for passive-aggressive notes about using the last of the coconut milk. I'm still traumatized.
Is it *actually* livable? Or is it just Instagram bait? Be honest!
Okay, look, honesty is the best policy. Parts are amazing. The design is, in some ways, genius. My room? Actually pretty damn cool. It's got a huge window, the aircon works (thank God!), and the view of the... well, the communal compost heap... is... picturesque? (I'm trying to be positive here!). BUT... the noise! Constant! The construction never *quite* finishes. There's always hammering, sawing, or the rhythmic thumping of that goddamn yoga instructor's music. And the bugs! Oh. My. God. I've made peace with the geckos, but the mosquitos?! They treat me like a walking buffet. Also, that "shared bathroom" situation? Let's just say when you and three other people try to shower at once, it's a logistical nightmare. Bring your own shower shoes, people. Please.
What's the deal with the "community" aspect? Are people actually, you know, *friendly*?
Community... Ah, the buzzword of the century, right? It's a mixed bag. Some people are genuinely lovely and share their delicious (and healthy!) homemade meals (thank goodness for the good ones). Others... well, let's just say they're a bit *too* into alternative living. I had one guy try to convince me that using tap water was "unnatural." Dude, it's hot. I need a shower! On the plus side, they throw really cool community events. Once, we had a bonfire and sang Kumbaya. The atmosphere? Magical. The hangover the next day? Less so. But hey, at least we all suffered together, right?
Speaking of food... is the dining experience a culinary adventure, or a descent into kale purgatory?
Okay, look. I appreciate the effort. REALLY I do. But sometimes, I just NEED some carbs! The communal kitchen *tries* to be health-conscious, which translates to a lot of bland salads and suspiciously green smoothies. There's a small organic market nearby that sells *everything*... which is great, except it's a 30-minute bike ride away, and the prices are insane. So, I sneak out sometimes for proper Thai street food. Like, those amazing Pad Thais? Secretly, It's my life-line. Because look, a girl has needs! And sometimes, those needs involve a crispy, delicious, artery-clogging noodle dish. Don't judge me.
Sustainability: Is it legit or just greenwashing?
This is where things get complex. The solar panels are undeniably cool. The rainwater harvesting is smart. But then you see the constant drone of generators during power outages (which, hey, happen!), or the piles of plastic in the recycling area because, let's be real, Thailand's recycling infrastructure isn't exactly perfect. They try. They *really* try. But some of the practices... let's just say there's room for improvement. And honestly, the constant lectures about reducing your carbon footprint sometimes make me want to go buy a Hummer just to spite them. Don't worry, I won't. Probably.
What are the everyday quirks and annoyances of living there? Spill the tea!
Oh, where do I begin? The communal washing machine that "eats" socks is on top of the list. Absolutely brutal. Then there are the early morning yoga sessions. I'm not a morning person, and the chants reverberate through my skull. Don’t get me started on the internet sometimes being slower than a... well, slower than a turtle. My zoom calls are a disaster. And the noise from the construction. Always. The. Noise. There's always that one person who leaves their dishes unwashed in the sink. Honestly, it's small things, you know? But they add up. It’s a constant sense that someone *almost* got it right, but not quite.
Any horror stories to share?
Alright, buckle up, because this is a doozy. Picture this: it's a humid night. I'd been craving something *sweet* and I crept into the communal kitchen at midnight. I turn on the light... and a GIANT rat, the size of a small cat, is staring at me. It probably wasn't the rat's fault, but I screamed so loud, I'm pretty sure I woke up the entire complex. I swear I saw it wink. I think I may have soiled myself a little. It was... traumatic. That night, I didn't get any sleep. Instead I spent the rest of the night watching all the corners of my room, armed with a broom. Oh, and the next day, the communal cat gave me the side-eye. Yeah, I haven't been back to the kitchen at night since. Never again. And I still get nightmares.
So, would you recommend it? Honestly?
Look. It's complicated. On one hand, it's a unique experience, a chance to live outside the box, and maybe even learn something about myself. The community aspect is (sometimes) great. The design is (mostly) cool. The intentions? Pure. On the other hand, the noise, the bugs, the communal bathroom, and the constant reminders of how *un*healthy I am are enough to drive a person to the brink of madness. I'm not going to lie: there are days I want to pack my bags and run screaming. But... there's also a part of me that's strangelyExplore Hotels

