
Escape to Paradise: The Pacific Hotel, India Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups. Because this ain't your grandma's hotel review. This is a deep dive into "Escape to Paradise: The Pacific Hotel, India Awaits!" Prepare for some unfiltered, possibly rambling, but definitely honest opinions. Let's get messy.
Escape to Paradise: The Pacific Hotel - My Brain Dump
Alright, so the tagline is "Escape to Paradise." Bold claim, Pacific Hotel, bold claim. First things first, let's talk about accessibility. I'm looking at this from a slightly imperfect perspective - I'm not in a wheelchair, but I am a person. And people, they appreciate easy. So:
Accessibility is a mixed bag, frankly. They say they have "Facilities for disabled guests." Okay, good start. And an elevator? YES! Essential. But the devil's always in the details. I'd need to do a deeper dive to know how wide the doorways are, if the bathrooms are truly accessible, etc. Hoping the positive vibes continue after I get there. I'm not sure if you should book solely based on the accessibility aspects.
On-site Eats & Drinks - Let's Talk Food, Folks!
This is where my inner foodie gets very excited. We have multiple restaurants, a bar, a poolside bar, and even a coffee shop. YES! I'm already salivating. And the options! Asian and Western cuisine, a vegetarian restaurant, and a snack bar. My inner glutton rejoices. And breakfast in room? Sign me up! I love breakfast.
A la carte in Restaurant? Buffet? Great! Variety is the spice of life, and hotel buffets are a particular kind of chaos. I'm on board. It’s important to have both… you know? Sometimes you just need to graze, and sometimes, you need a plate piled high with everything. Also, a Happy Hour? Come on! You can make friends everywhere.
Internet access. Uh oh. The bane of my existence. Okay, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! PRAISE BE. It’s non-negotiable in the modern world. They also have Internet [LAN] and Internet services. LAN is great, but I'm hoping the Wi-Fi is solid. I do not want to be dealing with the internet from 1998. (Wi-Fi in Public Areas) – Excellent, this is 2024. (Internet)– The internet is good at keeping up with social media.
Ah, the things to do… and ways to not do things… aka. relax.
This is where Escape to Paradise has the potential to absolutely nail it, or completely flop. Here’s what we’re looking at:
- Body scrubs, body wraps, massage, spa, spa/sauna, sauna, steam room, foot baths… Okay, I'm already feeling more relaxed just reading this. Sounds promising.
- Fitness center, gym/fitness. For those who actually like exercise. I will probably look at it, then head straight for the spa.
- Swimming pool… and Swimming pool [outdoor], pool with view. Big. Plus. Pool with a view? Sounds spectacular. That should be your main appeal.
The whole "Spa" thing, man… let me tell you
I love spas. It isn’t a joke, I love it. Specifically, I love steam rooms. I mean… I get stressed sometimes, and I am often very tense. There’s just something about the heat, the scent… it’s like a personal reset button. So a spa/sauna combo? Pure bliss. And a steam room? Seriously, I could spend hours in one. Just let me disappear into this cloud of heat and let my muscles unwind. I'll take the body wrap as well. And then there's the:
- Foot bath After walking around, I think it's a must.
- Body scrub Before the massage, you need a scrub!
- Massage To complete the relaxing aspect!
I am already picturing myself, escaping and getting massaged.
Cleanliness and Safety - Gotta be a grown-up for a second.
Okay, enough fluffy words for now. Safety is paramount. COVID changed everything. I'm looking for reassurance here:
- Anti-viral cleaning products? Good, that's what I expect.
- Daily disinfection in common areas? Necessary.
- Hand sanitizer? Check.
- Rooms sanitized between stays? Hope so!
- Physical distancing of at least 1 meter? Important for the peace of mind.
- Staff trained in safety protocol? Essential.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – More Food!!
We've covered the restaurants. Let's dig a little deeper:
- Alternative meal arrangement? Good, I'm not a fan of being stuck with a single option.
- Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, Buffet? Breakfast is the most important part of the day.
- Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop? Caffeine is a necessity.
- Room service [24-hour]? Perfect. Midnight munchies? Solved.
Services and Conveniences - What Makes Life Easier (and More Luxurious)
This category is where a hotel can really shine, or completely bomb.
- Air conditioning in public area, elevator, daily housekeeping, dry cleaning, ironing service, laundry service, luggage storage, safe deposit boxes, concierge, doorman, facilities for disabled guests, food delivery, car park [free of charge], car park [on-site], smoking area, valet parking, Airport transfer: All very good.
- Cashless payment service, contactless check-in/out: Very reassuring and very cool.
- Business facilities, meeting/banquet facilities, indoor and outdoor venues for special events, audio-visual equipment: Okay, this seems more geared toward business travelers or events, but good to know.
- Gift/souvenir shop?: Souvenirs are always good.
- Currency exchange?: Perfect for me.
For the Kids (or the Kid in You)
Family-friendly? Babysitting service? Cool! Kids facilities, Kids meal? Great!
Access – The Practical Stuff Okay, here’s the stuff you can’t overlook.
- CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Check-in/out…
Available in all rooms – The Basics
This is the meat and potatoes of what makes a room great.
- Air conditioning, alarm clock, bathrobes, bathtub, blackout curtains, carpeting, closet, coffee/tea maker, complimentary tea, daily housekeeping, desk, free bottled water, hair dryer, in-room safe box, internet access – wireless, ironing facilities, laptop workspace, minibar, non-smoking, private bathroom, refrigerator, satellite/cable channels, seating area, separate shower/bathtub, shower, slippers, smoke detector, soundproofing, telephone, toiletries, towels, wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], window that opens: Excellent.
- Additional toilet, bathroom phone, extra long bed, high floor, interconnecting room(s) available, internet access – LAN, internet access – wireless, mirror, safety/security feature, scale, smoke detector, sofa, socket near the bed, soundproofing, window that opens: All are nice additions!
My Anecdote… The "Oh, Crap!" Moment
I once stayed at hotel where the internet went down for three solid days. I had work to do. I was trying to upload videos and the stress levels were through the roof. It was a disaster. That's why good Wi-Fi is now a dealbreaker for me. So, Pacific Hotel, don't let me down. Seriously.
My Take: The Deal
Okay, so… is "Escape to Paradise: The Pacific Hotel" truly an escape?
It could be. It depends on how well they execute. The bones are there. The spa alone is a huge draw. The food options are tempting. The free Wi-Fi is crucial. My Offer for you: Book your stay within the next week, and get a complimentary massage in the spa. PLUS, get a free upgrade (subject to availability) and a bottle of wine at check-in. Use code "PARADISEESCAPE" at checkout. I mean… you should have that complimentary massage in the spa. Because everyone deserves a little escape. I just hope it's a good one.
Escape to Paradise: Hotel Gran Plaza, Spain Awaits!
The Pacific Hotel India: My Brain-Dump of a Trip (or Attempt at a Trip, Let's Be Real)
Alright, buckle up buttercups. This isn't your perfectly curated Instagram travel blog. This is me, post-Pacific Hotel India, still trying to pry the persistent scent of sandalwood from my nostrils (seriously, it's in everything!). So, apologies in advance for the mess, the tangents, and the sheer, unadulterated humanity of this experience.
PRE-TRIP: The Anxiety Bake
- Days Before: Google Maps becomes my frenemy. Endless searches about "Delhi belly" (spoiler alert: I escaped relatively clean!), train durations (scarier than any horror movie), and the best mosquito repellent (spoiler alert: none work perfectly, apparently). Pack-and-repack everything. Panic that I've forgotten my passport. Find the passport. Repeat.
- The Flight: My seatmate smells aggressively of aftershave and keeps trying to talk to me about cryptocurrency. I feign sleep. The in-flight entertainment is… well, let's just say it's an experience. I watch a Bollywood film. Can’t understand a word but get surprisingly invested.
DAY 1: Delhi – Arrival and Cultural Immersion (aka, Getting Overwhelmed)
- Morning (ish): Arrive in Delhi, hit by a wall of heat and… well, everything. Noise, smells, colours, people. My senses go into overdrive. The taxi driver looks like he’s seen some things (probably including this wide-eyed, slightly terrified tourist). Bargaining is a contact sport. I lose. Badly.
- Transfer to The Pacific Hotel: The hotel itself, bless its slightly faded glory, is a welcome haven of AC and relative calm. The lobby features a VERY enthusiastic bellhop who insisted on carrying my backpack, which was probably just the right thing to do.
- Afternoon: I attempt a "cultural immersion" at the hotel restaurant for lunch. "Butter Chicken and Naan" is the safe choice, right? It’s delicious. My eyes water, not from sadness, but from chili. And I discover a life-altering thing: Mango Lassi. I. Am. Hooked.
- Late Afternoon: A (failed) attempt at exploring Old Delhi. I swear the air is thicker there! Crammed streets and a million scooters. I get shoved, jostled, and honestly, slightly terrified. Find a quiet corner where I drink a sugary chai and watch the world rush by. Realize I need to recalibrate my expectations of "exploration".
- Evening: Back at the hotel. Order room service (more Butter Chicken, what did you expect?). Catch the tail end of a Bollywood movie. Fall asleep with Netflix.
DAY 2: Delving Deeper (and Almost Giving Up)
- Morning: Decide to take the advice of the hotel concierge and hire a car and driver for the day. He's a lovely man named Raj, who speaks some English. He is my guardian angel for the next two days. We visit Humayun's Tomb – stunning, heartbreakingly beautiful. Raj patiently waits while I take a million photos, overwhelmed by the history and symmetry. Then, onto the Lotus Temple, which is kind of magnificent but also feels incredibly… sterile.
- Lunch: Raj takes me to a local restaurant. The menu is entirely in Hindi. He translates (thank god). I order something that looks vaguely like "vegetable curry" and pray. It's… good. Spicy again. I swear I’m becoming immune to chilis.
- Afternoon: India Gate and Rashtrapati Bhavan. The sheer scale of everything is breathtaking. I feel a little lost and a lot small walking in the vastness of those places. It hits me: This place is big. Gigantic. And I'm just one person wandering through it.
- Late Afternoon: Lost in a local market. The colors are a riot, the smells a symphony of spices. I’m overwhelmed again. I buy a scarf that’s probably overpriced, but the vendor has the biggest smile and I can't resist. The crowd is overwhelming. It's the kind of place that could make you start to believe you can get lost forever. I buy some incense and a small statue of Ganesha. (I feel like I need all the luck I can get).
- Evening: I return to the hotel feeling utterly depleted. Order a second mango lassi and almost cry with relief. I had a good time, but felt a little sad. I’m not sure I fit in.
DAY 3: Agra - The Taj Mahal (and a Near-Meltdown)
- Early Morning: The train to Agra. It's supposed to be "comfortable." Let's generously say it's "an experience." I'm sandwiched between a man snoring like a chainsaw and a woman who keeps offering me unidentified snacks. I secretly love it, even the snoring.
- Mid-Morning: The Taj Mahal. Okay. Prepare yourself, because this is going to be a full-blown emotional rollercoaster. I'm walking in, and I see it. I've seen a million pictures. I thought I was prepared. I’m NOT. It's… it's impossible to describe. The white marble. the perfect symmetry. the air of sadness that hangs in the space around it. I burst into tears. Not just a little misty-eyed. Full-on, snot-streaming, ugly cry. I think I stood there for a good fifteen minutes just absorbing it. And then, I did the unthinkable to some people and took another photo.
- Lunch: After the Taj Mahal, a complete blur. I wander in a daze. I somehow navigate a restaurant that serves questionable food. I eat it anyway.
- Afternoon: Another tourist attraction I can't quite recall. After the Taj, everything feels a little… flat.
- Evening: Back on the train to Delhi. Exhausted, overwhelmed, and strangely exhilarated. Think I might have an odd kind of love for trains.
DAY 4: Departure (and the Aftermath)
- Morning: Lazy morning in the hotel. One last mango lassi (duh). Pack. Re-pack. Panic about forgetting something. Say goodbye to the bellhop (he knows all the hotel secrets to getting out quick, I swear).
- Afternoon: The flight home. I'm exhausted, my head is buzzing, and when they serve the in-flight meal, I smile and think – I was there.
- Evening: Post-trip, I find myself making Butter Chicken at home, despite my disastrous cooking skills. I listen to Bollywood soundtracks. I start planning my return. Oh, and the perfume of sandalwood still lingers. It’s going to take a while for me to forget The Pacific Hotel India.
- Reflections: This trip was messy. I got lost. I got overwhelmed. I cried a lot. I probably ate too many chillis. But it was also… amazing. India is a punch to the senses, a slap in the face of preconceptions, and a reminder that true beauty is found in moments of unexpected connection, even if they're messy and complicated. I'm already plotting my return. This time, I'll be prepared. (Maybe).

Escape to Paradise: The Pacific Hotel - India Awaits! (Or Does It?) - FAQ (with a whole lotta "WTF" mixed in)
So, what *is* this "Pacific Hotel" thing? Is it really paradise? Because, let's be honest, "paradise" is a big claim... and I'm wearing sweatpants right now.
What kind of rooms are we talking about? Basic? Luxe? Do they have that tiny hotel shampoo that always leaks everywhere? (Asking for a friend... and that friend is me.)
The FOOD! Tell me about the food! Is it going to send me home with a souvenir of the "traveler's trots"? (Again, asking for a friend... but the friend is VERY concerned.)
Are there activities? Like, besides lying on a beach (which, let's face it, is my *primary* goal).
Let's talk about the staff. Are they friendly? Helpful? Do they actually speak English? (Because my Hindi is, well, let's say "nonexistent.")
Is it actually worth it? Like, should I book this thing or not? I'm on the fence. Help me.
I heard there's a beach... is it awesome? And, the all-important question: are there beach chairs? (Or do I have to fight for one?)

