
Nanjing's Hidden Gem: Fliport Garden Hotel - Unbelievable Luxury Awaits!
Nanjing's Hidden Gem: Fliport Garden Hotel - Unbelievable Luxury Awaits! (But Should You Really Go?) - A Brutally Honest Review
Okay, let's be real. I'm not a travel blogger pushing perfectly curated Insta-shots. I'm just a person who stayed at the Fliport Garden Hotel in Nanjing and has some thoughts. And this review? Gonna be messy, opinionated, and hopefully, helpful (or at least, entertaining). Buckle up.
First off, the name. "Unbelievable Luxury Awaits!" It's a bold claim. Did it deliver? Well, let's see.
Getting there & around:
- Accessibility: This is a big win for Fliport. They really get accessibility. Wheelchair accessible is a big plus. The elevator is smooth, and I saw ramps thoughtfully placed. So, if mobility is a concern, you're likely in good hands here.
- Airport Transfer: Yep, they've got it. Thank goodness, because navigating Nanjing's airport after a long flight is… well, let’s just say I was incredibly grateful for a smooth ride.
- Car Park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Valet parking: Seriously convenient. Finding parking in a bustling city like Nanjing is a headache, and the Fliport makes it effortless.
- Taxi Service: Available. Always a relief.
- Car power charging station: Nice touch for the eco-conscious and electric car owners!
- Bicycle parking: Noted.
Cleanliness & Safety - The Covid Crucible:
Let's be frank. Travel post-pandemic comes with a whole new level of anxiety. Fliport mostly addresses it, but…
- Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment, Hand sanitizer, Individually-wrapped food options, Safe dining setup, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter: Whew! That's a lot of boxes ticked. Felt reasonably safe, like they were trying.
- Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit: Comforting to know.
- Cashless payment service: Always a plus.
- Hygiene certification: Didn't see it, but maybe I missed it.
- Shared stationery removed: Thank god. Who used those pens anyway?
The room sanitization opt-out is great (if you trust the cleaning crew, which I did), and the individually wrapped food? Smart move. HOWEVER… I did see some minor dust bunnies in the corners of my room. Look, it's not a sterile lab. But it's mostly good. The hand sanitizer stations were plentiful, though, and the staff always wore masks.
Rooms - The Good, The Slightly Less Good, and My Struggle With the Blackout Curtains:
- Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Additional toilet, Window that opens, Socket near the bed: Okay. So, the room. First off, the view from my “high floor” room was stunning. Seriously, the city at night… breathtaking. The bed? Heavenly. Extra Long bed - appreciated! The blackout curtains? A battle. I'm pretty sure it took me a solid 15 minutes and a minor wrestling match to completely close them. And then, once closed… too dark. I’m a person of habit; I like to see my phone. So that was a minor (but persistent) annoyance.
- Internet access – wireless, Internet access – LAN, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!: Yes, yes, and yes! The Wi-Fi was surprisingly solid, even in the far reaches of the room, and the Lan access was nice for those who needed it.
- Room decorations: Well, let’s just say they leaned towards “classic hotel.” Nothing particularly inspiring, but perfectly pleasant.
Dining, Drinking & Snacking - A Culinary Adventure (or Slightly Less)
- Restaurants, Bar, Coffee shop, Poolside bar, Snack bar, Room service [24-hour]: Lots of options! Which, let's be honest, is a must when you're tired and jet-lagged.
- Asian breakfast, International cuisine in restaurant, Western breakfast, Vegetarian restaurant, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant: Variety! I’m a big fan of trying local cuisine, and the Asian breakfast was a highlight. The selection of dim sum? Excellent. The coffee was good, not great. The Western breakfast was… standard.
- A la carte in restaurant, Breakfast [buffet], Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, Poolside bar, Salad in restaurant, Soup in restaurant: More options!
- Bottle of water, Breakfast takeaway service: Convenient.
My Restaurant Rambles: The buffet was… okay. A bit crowded at peak times. The a la carte was better, with some really fantastic dishes. However, the service at the main restaurant was a little… slow. I once waited 20 minutes for a coffee refill. But hey, the view made up for it. The poolside bar drinks were a bit pricey, but the atmosphere was relaxing and the view over the pool was great. I got my daily dose of delicious salad from the salad in restaurant, and the soup? Amazing! I just felt a little bit isolated.
Services and Conveniences:
- Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Bellhop, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center: A comprehensive list. They've got you covered.
The concierge was incredibly helpful, making recommendations for things to do and getting me reservations. The laundry service was a lifesaver. The convenience store was well-stocked and a godsend for late-night snacks. The luggage storage was convenient and safe. The dry cleaning was fast.
On-site accessible restaurants / lounges: The same dining areas that are available to non-accessible guests, are also accessible to those with special access needs.
For the Kids:
- Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal: Great if you're traveling with little ones.
Things to do, Ways to Relax - The Spa… and the Sauna… and the Confession:
- Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]: This is where Fliport really shines. The pool with a view is gorgeous and I spent a lot of time there! The sauna and steamroom were fantastic. Now, the Spa/sauna: This is where things get… juicy. I booked a massage because, hello, I'm on vacation! And as I walked into the spa, I was greeted with a tranquil atmosphere. And then… the massage I’m not going to get into details but I did have a fantastic massage.
Couple's room: Yes, they offer it!
Spa
- Massage: The masseuse was incredible! I left feeling like a new person.
Internet:
- Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet services, Wi-Fi in public areas: The Wi-Fi in the public areas was solid, and the Lan access was nice for those who needed it.
Safety/Security - Feeling Safe:
- **Access, CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Check-in/out [express], Check-in/out [private], Couple's room, Exterior corridor, Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour], Hotel chain, Non-smoking rooms, Proposal spot, Room decorations, Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour],

Okay, buckle up, buttercups and fellow wanderers! This isn't your clinically clean, perfectly-optimized itinerary. This is a DISASTER waiting to happen, and I am here for it. We're talking Nanjing, China, specifically the Fliport Garden Hotel, and let's be honest, it's a hotel. We'll make some memories. Here's how it might go… because, let's face it, plans are suggestions, especially when I'm involved.
Fliport Garden Hotel, Nanjing: The "Expect the Unexpected (and the Mild Discomfort)" Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Dumpling Debacle (and Jet Lag, Oh God, the Jet Lag!)
- Morning (ish): Arrive at Nanjing Lukou International Airport (NKG). Flight was… fine. Except for the screaming baby, the guy who kept hogging the armrest (seriously, sir, your elbow is a weapon!), and the existential dread that creeps in when you spend 12 hours trapped in a metal tube with recycled air. Opinion: Airlines should have a "Screaming Baby Zone." A padded room. With earplugs. Available to all passengers. Just a thought.
- Noon (maybe): Taxi ride to the Fliport Garden Hotel. I’m praying the driver understands “Fliport Garden Hotel.” Mandarin? Check. Hand gestures? Check. Desperate, pleading eyes? Triple check. (He did understand! Victory!) Check in. Get a room. Pray it's not overlooking a construction site… (it may/may not). Find the bed. Collapse onto the bed. Consider never getting up again. Jet lag is a beast.
- Afternoon (sort of): The Great Dumpling Adventure! I'd read about a place near the hotel, some tiny hole-in-the-wall joint supposedly serving THE BEST dumplings in Nanjing. Ambitious, I know! I had a grand plan. "I will order. I will eat. I will conquer the dumpling." Reality: The menu was entirely in Chinese. My Mandarin? Let's just say "ni hao" and "xie xie" are about as good as it gets. I pointed, I smiled, I probably looked like a lost puppy. What arrived were… dumplings. Okay, amazing dumplings. Best dumplings ever. I scarfed them down. Then ordered more. And more. And then, a mysterious… thing. Deep fried, slightly gelatinous. I suspect… I don't want to know. My stomach is now a happy, dumpling-filled balloon.
- Evening: Stagger back to the hotel. Maybe a quick wander around the surrounding streets, but the jet lag is hitting hard; I might just collapse back onto the bed and stare at the ceiling. Try to identify the source of the strange, rhythmic humming sound. (It's probably air conditioning, but my paranoia is telling me otherwise.)
Day 2: Temple Troubles and Street Snacks (and possibly a total cultural faux pas)
- Morning: Intend to visit the Confucius Temple. Wake up. Realize I’ve forgotten to pack sunscreen. Mental Note: Find a convenience store. Then go to the temple. Hopefully, it's not too crowded. I'm already picturing the crowds and the noise and… oh, the pressure to do and see. Anxiety brewing.
- Late Morning: Confucius Temple. Okay, it's impressive. The architecture is gorgeous, the history is fascinating… but the crowds! So many people. And the heat! So much sweat. Oh, and the smell of incense. Rich and heavy. Emotional Reaction: Feeling a bit overwhelmed. Okay, a lot overwhelmed. Did I accidentally offend someone? Did I touch something I shouldn't have? Did I step on a sacred cat? (Probably not, but with my luck…)
- Lunch: Street food! Must. Find. Street. Food. I've heard Nanjing has some amazing snacks. I envision myself as Anthony Bourdain, cooly sampling exotic delicacies. Reality: Wandering the streets, overwhelmed by the sheer abundance of options. Noodles? Dumplings (again)? Something deep-fried and questionable? My stomach is a treasure chest, and I'm its inept pirate. The most I eat is something that looks like pancake of some kind, and I feel a bit better.
- Afternoon: Attempt to get lost. Seriously. No map. Just wandering. See where the wind takes me. Embrace the chaos. Which is how I nearly got run over by a scooter! (Note to self: Look both ways. Then look again. Then prepare to dive.)
- Evening: Dinner. (Probably noodles again). Try to decipher the local karaoke bar. Quirky Observation: The sheer volume of people singing their hearts out is both terrifying and strangely inspiring. Will I brave karaoke? No. Absolutely not.
Day 3: The Sun Yat-sen Mausoleum (Monumental Mausoleum) and Departure… (Maybe)
- Morning: Sun Yat-sen Mausoleum. This is supposed to be beautiful, majestic, all that. The climb up the steps is the first thought. This is supposed to be a spiritual experience. I'm already picturing sweat dripping down my back…and the climb! (But the view from above is worth it, right?)
- Mid-morning: The mausoleum. Okay. It's grand. It's imposing. It's… a lot of steps. I arrive at the top. The view is breathtaking. The air is thin. I'm out of breath. Emotional Reaction: A weird mix of awe, exhaustion, and the distinct feeling that I need a nap. I spend a moment to sit and take a breath.
- Early Afternoon: Attempt shopping for souvenirs. Get ripped off. Regret it. Try to barter. Fail miserably. End up paying too much for a plastic trinket that probably came from a factory down the road. Rambling: Why is it so hard to tell when you’re being scammed? I am trying.
- Afternoon: Head back to the hotel. Pack. Worry about forgetting something important. (Passport? Phone charger? Sanity?)
- Evening (or whenever the plane is): Depart from NKG. Reflect on the trip. Final Thoughts: Nanjing is… challenging. Messy. Beautiful. Overwhelming. And I loved every sweaty, confusing, dumpling-filled, potentially-offensive minute. I'll go back. One day. After I learn how to navigate a menu. And maybe bring a spare pair of shoes. And definitely more sunscreen.

Fliport Garden Hotel: Prepare to be Amazed (or Maybe Just Slightly Befuddled... We'll Get There)
So, is this Fliport Garden Hotel *really* a hidden gem? Like, more than just "slightly nice"?
The Rooms: What's the Deal? Are they actually worth the price tag?
Let’s talk about the food. Is the hotel restaurant any good? What about the breakfast buffet? (and what about the tiny little breakfast sausages that always look sad?)
The Gardens and the Pool? Are those as ridiculously amazing as the promos suggest?
Any Quirks or Unforeseen Mishaps I Should Know About? (because let's be real, nothing's perfect)
Overall, would you actually recommend staying here or is it all just hype? Be honest!
The Spa: Heavenly or Hype? (Because a bad massage can ruin a whole weekend)
Is the location convenient? Is it easy to get to the main attractions in Nanjing?

